red white and blue

Friday, May 21, 2010

One more attempt!


After an almost 2 year break from the blogging world, I've decided to give it one more try! I must give a shout out to the 6 people who commented on my original post almost 2 years ago and probably waited patiently for some kind of update that never came. I hope to not disappoint you again. I'm not making any big promises just hoping to be able to post some pictures every now and then to keep you in the loop on the family.


Hubby and I recently took a trip (adults only) to hike in to Hava Su Pai falls. From the trail head it is 10.5 mile hike into the campground. It was so fun rediscovering our love for hiking and camping! We haven't done this without kids since, well before kids. To be honest I don't love camping with the kids. That might sound rude. I mean there is some fun to be had, but usually it means sleepless nights that turn into long tired days daydreaming of my quiet, peaceful bed at home. We return home grouchy, warn out, dirty, facing a car load full of gear to unload, put away, laundry to wash etc. feeling like we need a vacation from our family camping vacation! Anyway, this was quite the opposite and proved to be very restful and rejuvenating!


Each day from camp we would hike to one of the falls. This picture shows one of the caves you crawl through to get to the face of the rock to climb down to the falls. It was fun!


Hava Su falls was beautiful! The pictures don't do this place justice. The red rock walls were covered in lush green vines and moss and the water was crystal blue! Absolutely beautiful.


Here is Shane (a tiny dot at the top of the waterfall) jumping off the waterfall! It had to have been at least a 40 foot drop! Lots of fun to be had.

6 comments:

Janet said...

Joni - So glad to have you back and sharing everything. What a fabulous long date! You two are adventurers. I think we love that sort of thing also, just are older and more rickety.

Keep those pictures coming.

nancykhicks@gmail.com said...

Welcome back to blogging! So glad you're back. I love your adventurous spirit, and that smile in the cave says it all! You're the cutest hiker ever. Thanks for the gorgeous pics. I'm living vicariously right now!

Twila and Jon Warner Family said...

Joni! I am coveting the beautiful escape from children. I've been home alone with four for the past 3 days, something I don't recommend. Give us a couple of years and Jon and I would love to join you.

Junkyard Dog said...

Awesome!! Glad your back. Wonderful pictures--keep it up.

The Gunnerson Family said...

Yea, yea, yea! I am SOOOO happy to see you in the blogging world again. I haven't been very good about updating much lately, but some is better than none, right?

Looks like a WONDERFUL trip. It really is nice to have some time alone, isn't it. What a beautiful setting to spend some quiet time with Shane.

Can't wait to see more of your family!

Billie Sue said...

What a great trip! I think your generation is much, much better at taking care of each other than our generation was. We never took trips together--just the two of us. We still do it rarely--Uncle Earl loves farming so much and as we grow older, he realizes more and more how much less time he has to do what he really loves, therefore, he spends more and more time at it. Rob and I actually went out together last weekend, since Earl took a trip to Oklahoma to--you guessed it--buy a baler!
Welcome back to the blogging world! It is definitely a great way to stay in touch without having to make personal phone calls. Keep it up!